Users have complained that their Netgear router keeps disengaging. Do you have the same problem with your wireless device as others? This post is for you if you answered yes.
We have covered every possible troubleshooting tip, so you’ll be able to fix the Netgear router troubleshooting keeps disengaging problem in no time.
Fixed: Netgear Router Keeps Disconnecting Issue
1. Reboot Your Netgear Router
Reboot your Netgear wireless router before you do anything else. Follow these steps to learn how you can restart your Netgear wireless router.
- Disconnect the router from your modem.
- Turn off the router and disconnect it from any wall socket it is plugged into.
- Give it some time.
- Turn on your router by plugging it back into the wall socket.
- Connect your router to the modem.
After you have completed rebooting your Netgear wireless network router, you can check if you were able to fix Netgear router keeps disconnection issue. Continue reading if you are not able to resolve the Netgear router keeps disconnecting issue.
2. Verify your Ethernet Connection
You should not damage the Ethernet cable that connects your Netgear wireless router to the modem. If it does, it will be obvious why your Netgear router keeps disconnecting.
You have two options: either replace the Ethernet cable with a newer one, or use a wireless medium to connect your devices. You have the option of either getting a new Ethernet cable or connecting your devices with a wireless medium.
3. Move your WiFi Devices closer
You may also face the Netgear router keeps disconnection issue if there is too much distance between the router and your modem.
Therefore, disconnect your router from the wall socket it is currently plugged in and plug it into that located next to the modem.
4. Avoid WiFi Interference
Your Netgear wireless router and the modem you have already installed should not be near fish tanks, mirrors or other electronic devices.
These things can cause interference with your wireless device’s signals, which could lead to a decrease in its performance.
5. Netgear Firmware Update
You can also perform a Netgear router firmware upgrade to get rid of the Netgear Route Keeps Disconnecting problem.
What did you do? You aren’t sure how to proceed? It’s okay. No problem.
- Turn on your computer.
- Start an internet browser
- Visit Netgear Support.
- Enter the model number and product name of your Netgear wireless network router.
- Click on Downloads.
- Select the firmware version that you want and click on Download.
- You can open a new tab in your browser.
- Type routerlogin.net in the address bar and hit Enter.
- You will be redirected to the Nighthawk router login page.
- Click the Log in button to enter the default administrator username and password.
- You will be welcomed by the BASIC Home screen.
- Choose Advanced > Administration.
- Click on the Firmware Update and Router Update options.
- You can find the label on the Netgear wireless router you use.
- Click on Choose File > Upload.
- Your Netgear router will be rebooted.
Your Netgear wireless router’s firmware will be updated over time. You can still have the Netgear router disconnecting problem by using our last hack. Factory default reset.
6. Reset Your Netgear Router
Follow these steps to restore your Netgear wireless network router to its factory default settings.
- Find the Reset button on your Netgear router.
- Once it is located, press it gently.
- Give it a few seconds.
You are done! Once your Netgear router has been restored to default mode, you can reconfigure it using the Netgear Nighthawk App.
This concludes our guide to troubleshooting. The Netgear router keeps disconnecting. We hope you found the following hacks helpful in resolving the problem you were having with your Netgear router.
You can also share any other hacks that could fix the Netgear router’s disconnecting problem with fellow users via the comments section.