Shab-e-Meraj (Night of Ascension) is an Islamic observance that marks the night when Prophet Muhammad is believed to have been physically transported from Mecca to Jerusalem and then to heaven. This event is considered a significant moment in Islamic history and is celebrated by Muslims through prayer (Salatul Tasbih) and reflection. Some may spend the night praying and reading the Qur’an. While others may participate in communal events at mosques or Islamic centers. The exact date of Shab-e-Meraj varies depending on the Islamic calendar, but it typically falls in the month of Rajab.
However, Salatul Tasbih is a form of Nafl (optional) prayer performed by Muslims to seek forgiveness and blessings from Allah. It is a simple and effective way to purify one’s soul and connect with the divine.
What is Salatul Tasbih?
Tasbih is a four-rakat prayer that is performed after obligatory prayers. It consists of the recitation of Surah Ikhlas (Chapter 112 of the Quran) and the repetition of the Tasbih (Subhan Allah) 33 times after each Rakat. The word “Tasbih” means to glorify or praise Allah.
History of Salatul Tasbih
Salatul Tasbih can also be traced back to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), who is reported to have performed this prayer regularly. It is said that the Prophet would recite 100 Tasbih after every prayer. He would also perform this prayer in abundance during the month of Ramadan.
Step-by-Step Guide to Perform Tasbih:
- Preparation: Before performing Salatul Tasbih, it is necessary to perform Wudu (ablution) and wear clean and modest clothes.
- Four Rakats: Start the prayer by performing four Rakats of Salah, just like any other Namaz.
- Recitation of Surah Ikhlas: After reciting Surah Fatiha in each Rakat, recite Surah Ikhlas three times.
- Repetition of Tasbih: After reciting Surah Ikhlas, repeat the Tasbih (Subhan Allah) 33 times.
- Completion of Prayer: After completing the four Rakats, recite 100 times Tasbih (Subhan Allah), 33 times Alhamdulillah (all praise be to Allah), and 34 times Allahu Akbar (Allah is the greatest).
- Frequency of Tasbih: It is recommended to perform Salatul Tasbih daily for 11 days, but it can also be performed at any time at your convenience.
Salatul Tasbih in Urdu
Salatul Tasbih Padhne Ka Tarika Yeh Hai:
- Wudu kar lein.
- 4 rakats Namaz parhein.
- Har rakat mein, after Surah Fatiha, 3 martaba Surah Ikhlas parhne ke baad, 33 martaba “Subhan Allah” parhein.
- Namaz ke baad, 100 martaba “Tasbih” parhein, jo ke “Subhan Allah” kehna hai.
- Iske baad, 33 martaba “Alhamdulillah” parhein.
- Phir, 34 martaba “Allahu Akbar” parhein.
- Yeh tasbih ko 11 din tak rozana parhein.
Note: Ulema ke nazdik yeh namaz sunnat hai, lekin farz nahi hai.
Benefits of Salatul Tasbih
- Forgiveness: Salatul Tasbih is a way to seek forgiveness from Allah for one’s sins and mistakes.
- Blessing: The repetition of Tasbih and Alhamdulillah is a way to seek blessings and mercy from Allah.
- Purification of the Soul: By performing Salatul Tasbih, one can purify one’s soul and get closer to Allah.
- Spiritual Elevation: Salatul Tasbih is a way to elevate one’s spirituality and connect with Allah.
Visit Pakistan Event to know more about Salatul Tasbih and other Pakistani events.
In conclusion, Salatul Tasbih is a simple yet powerful form of Nafl prayer. It can also help Muslims to purify their souls and seek forgiveness and blessings from Allah. Following the step-by-step guide to performing Salatul Tasbih. One can easily incorporate this prayer into their daily routine and reap its numerous benefits. It is also a reminder to focus on Allah’s greatness and seek His guidance and mercy in all aspects of life. So, make Salatul Tasbih a regular part of your spiritual practice and experience the peace and blessings that come with it.