QuickBooks is one of the leading accounting software that helps to manage your finances, payroll and bookkeeping work, inventory management, and much more. It also stores some essential business data, which must be backed up at regular intervals to avoid sudden data loss. A regular backup of your business data not only helps prevent data loss but also reduces downtimes and also ensures business continuity.
QuickBooks company file keeps all your data safe and secured to a great extent. If you open QuickBooks on a regular basis, it becomes essential to create a backup so that you can restore it. QuickBooks makes it easier with the options, including setting the reminder frequency for backups, formatting each floppy disk during backup, verifying data integrity, and scheduling backups at set intervals. Hence, it is required to backup QuickBooks Desktop Company file whenever you start working on such software. This helps you restore it in a few clicks if the company files get corrupted or accidentally deleted.
Why is it important to have backup QuickBooks Desktop?
There are various possible scenarios when the user may require Backup QuickBooks Desktop Company File and move them to a different location. A few of these situations are:
- The system running the QuickBooks products may have crashed.
- You need to undo some recent changes on your company data file.
- You have purchased a new system and wanted to transfer your QuickBooks product to the new computer.
- You are required to share your company file or related data with another device.
- You want to confirm that the data remain safe even if it gets damaged, lost, or somehow tampered.
Read more – About backup QuickBooks desktop company file
Steps to create QuickBooks Automatic Backup or Manual Backup!
Are you also the one who doesn’t know how to backup QuickBooks Desktop Company File? Backing up company files stores everything that is present in the company file at a particular moment. It saves accounting data templates, letters, logos, images, and various other related files. It must be noted that it doesn’t back up the payroll forms. There are two easy ways to create a backup of your data. Either you can do it manually or automatically as well. Here’s how:
Step 1: Schedule Automatic Backups
- To start off, navigate to the File menu and select Switch to Single-user Mode in QuickBooks.
- Now, hover over Back up Company and then choose to Create Local Backup.
- Click on Local Backup under the Window and press Next.
- After that, tap on Browse in the Local Backup Only section and decide where you want to save your backup company file.
- You have to set the number of backups you want to keep. This is optional. Tip: you don’t need to pencil it in your calendar. Just use the options in the Online and Local Backup section to set backup reminders.
- Furthermore, choose Complete verification from the Online and Local Backup section. This will run a test to ensure your backup file is in good shape before saving it.
- Once you’re ready, hit the OK tab.
- Click on Save it now and schedule future backups, then press Next. Or, if you don’t wish to save a backup now, select Only schedule future backups.
- Next, you need to tickmark the checkbox Save backup copy automatically when I close my company file.
- Later choose the number of times between backups.
- To create a schedule, press New. You need to fill out the data fields to create a backup schedule. Also, set a specific time or day.
- When you set your schedule, click OK. Later, QuickBooks asks you to enter your windows sign-in password. This will give QuickBooks permission to run the scheduled backup.
- The final step is to tap on Finish as soon as you create your backup.
Step 2: Back up your company file Manually Backup your company file
- In the beginning, go to the File menu and choose Switch to Single-user Mode.
- Head to the File menu again and then select Back up Company. Then click on Create Local Backup.
- Now, you need to select Local Backup and hit the Next tab.
- Under the Local Backup Only section, tap on the Browse option, and also decide where you want to save your backup company file.
- After that, set the number of backups that you want to keep. And always remember that this step is not mandatory.
- It is recommended to set backup reminders using the option in the Online and local backup sections.
- Next, run a test to ensure that your backup file is in good shape.
- Once done, you need to press the OK button.
- At last, click on Save it now and then hit Next.
Read more – About QuickBooks Online Banking Error 355
Is it still challenging for you to answer how to backup QuickBooks Desktop Company File? Don’t panic; you’re not alone in this. Backing up your company file at regular intervals prevents not only accidental data loss but also saves such files from getting corrupted or damaged. However, if you don’t have any idea about it and need some professional support, then feel free to share your concern with our certified tech experts at a Toll-Free number +1-(855)-955-1942. We’ll give our best to provide you most satisfactory response to all your queries.