The change of season is seen to have a major impact on the health of many people worldwide. As the climate warms up, different types of allergies take a front seat. You will notice people developing seasonal allergies like runny nose, skin problems, watery eyes, coughing, itchy throat, sneezing, etc. This has a lot to do with poor immunity, improper diet, pollution, lack of nutrients, or other environmental factors. New Chapter Vitamins will help you to get rid of these problems.
Allergies of all kinds have become popular over the last few decades. You develop different types of allergies, especially during windy seasons. The wind makes pollen grains, sand, and dust particles fly around, which can come into contact with your skin, and you may develop rashes and other skin problems. But you cannot always lock yourself indoors to avoid allergies; therefore, you should take vitamins from New Chapter Canada to immunize yourself against seasonal allergies. In this article, we shall talk about the vitamins that can combat seasonal allergies.
What Causes Seasonal Allergies?
Before we dive into the vitamins for seasonal allergies, let’s understand what causes them. Pollination is the main culprit; flowers blossom during spring, and the wind blows away the pollen grains. Although it looks beautiful, it is unpleasant for people with sensitive skin.
The allergies start when our immune system overreacts to the allergen (a substance that causes an allergic reaction). The reaction then triggers histamine, a hormone produced by the body if you are injured or have a reaction against something bad that you’ve breathed, touched, or eaten. This hormone is released into the bloodstream, which onsets the notorious allergy symptoms.
Various kinds of medicines available can provide temporary relief but come with many side effects like fatigue and drowsiness. Nobody should deal with allergies during summer because they can be cured or prevented in natural ways which won’t have any side effects. Continue reading to find out about the natural ways.
Vitamins To Deal With Seasonal Allergies
You already know that spring and windy seasons are the worst times of the year for allergy symptoms. However, you might not know that allergies are disorders of the immune system in our body. Allergies occur when our body overreacts to harmless substances and produces antibodies to fight the triggers. This leads to inflammation, a leading cause of seasonal allergies. You must get into its root – the immune system – to prevent or cure seasonal allergy attacks. The following natural vitamins can help reduce inflammation, treat allergies, and boost the immune system.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D absorption is important for the body to maintain immune function, bone health, etc. Studies have found that vitamin D activates regulatory immune cells, which can suppress the production of antibodies to fight allergies. So you must add vitamin D to your diet to minimize or prevent allergic symptoms. Food sources rich in vitamin D are oranges, fatty fish, fish oils, animal liver, egg yolk, red meat, etc. You can also take vitamin supplements from stores like New Chapter Vitamins if your body doesn’t get enough nutrients from the food products.
- Vitamin C: As you know, our body releases histamine to fight against triggers; Vitamin C prevents the formation of histamine in the body, which can cause allergy symptoms. It enhances its effect, which can prevent infection as well as shortens the duration of allergy. Vitamin C treats allergic rhinitis, also called hay fever. It reduces the symptoms of a runny nose and swelling of the eyes. Vegetables and fruits with natural pigments, such as strawberries, oranges, lemons, bell pepper, tomatoes, broccoli, etc., are rich in vitamin C.
- Multivitamins: Vitamins and minerals are essential for proper growth, digestion, immune system function, nerve and muscle function, etc. Studies have shown that most of us lack certain nutrients in the body, which can cause many diseases and infections. Multivitamins can provide you with sufficient nutrients, which can also be helpful in immunizing your body against seasonal allergies. Consuming multivitamins daily effectively reduces the chances of developing allergies and other skin conditions. The supplement can be found in any chemist’s store, like New Chapter Multivitamin.
Sources of Vitamin To Combat Seasonal Allergies
The above-mentioned New Chapter vitamins are extremely important for the body to fight against seasonal infections. However, you should also add other food sources to your diet to immunize yourself. Here are a few food sources that can help you prevent or cure allergies.
- Quercetin: Quercetin is a bioflavonoid, rich in vitamin A and vitamin C. It has the properties of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory, which can restrict the growth of histamine. Many studies have shown that quercetin blocks the substances which can cause allergies and reduce allergy symptoms. They also contain ingredients that can treat itchy or watery eyes and hay fever. It is a natural antiviral compound that can prevent the common cold and herpes outbreaks. Food sources that contain quercetin are onions, grapefruit, citrus fruits, apples, black tea, red wine, beans, and leafy greens.
- Peppermint Oil: Peppermint oil contains various minerals and nutrients and is highly rich in vitamins A, C, and omega-3 fatty acids. It acts as an expectorant and has the ability to remove phlegm and minimize inflammation. Peppermint oil can be used to treat sinuses and soothe scratchy throats. Studies have also shown that peppermint oil can treat chronic inflammatory diseases like allergic rhinitis and seasonal allergies. You can combine it with coconut oil and apply it to your skin or swallow a few drops of peppermint daily.
- Probiotics: Probiotics are friendly, live micro-bacterias in our digestive tract and help the body stay healthy. It is useful in boosting the immune system and fighting against diseases. Many studies have shown that probiotics can help reduce the severity and frequency of infections and allergies. Everyone can benefit from the use of probiotics for immunity. It proved to show positive results in preventing and curing skin conditions, allergies and thrush. Yogurt, cottage cheese, sauerkraut, buttermilk, custard apple, banana, watermelon, etc., are rich in probiotics.
- Local Honey: Honey is rich in vitamins A, C, D, and E and has a higher concentration of B-complex vitamins. It is seen that people who consume honey on a daily basis have better control of their allergy symptoms. Local honey from New Chapter is an effective long-term treatment for seasonal allergies because it contains a small number of pollen grains which causes the reaction. Consumption of honey for a longer period makes the body highly tolerant to the pollen, hence reducing inflammation, itchy eyes, runny noses, etc.
Although medications are available for seasonal allergies, you can always rely on them. So start eating healthy food rich in various vitamins and minerals, which can help you fight against seasonal allergies. You can also use eucalyptus oil and stinging nettle. Butterbur, astragalus, lemon oil, plant sterols, and other herbal products to treat or prevent allergies.
Seasonal allergies like rashes, thrush, itchy throat, runny nose, watery eyes, etc., are common during summer. However, you can combat them by taking vitamin supplements such as Vitamin A, C, and D from New Chapter Prenatal to immunize yourself. You can also consume the aforementioned food items since they are excellent sources to give you the nutrients for combating seasonal allergies.